Top 9 Scuba Diving Locations
At this time of the year, many students start to think about what they will be doing after they finish University for the summer. Some will decide to go on a long backpacking adventure while others will be planning a short getaway with their family or friends. Why not try scuba diving on your next adventure? It's not just a sport... it's an underwater adventure boasting an array of wildlife and beautiful coloured coral amongst crystal clear waters. In this blog post we've cherry picked some of the best scuba diving locations across the globe, check them out below!
- Fiji Islands, South Pacific - Home to the Great White Wall and the Yellow Tunnel, Fiji is a great location and popular amongst avid photographers. This incredible experience should not be missed!
- Belize - If you're looking for sharks, head to the Blue Hole and be amazed at the crystal clear water and stunning natural beauty.
- Cozumel and Riviera Maya, Mexico - The scuba diver's dream location. If you're feeling adventurous, why not head over to Cancun's underwater sculpture museum as well as enjoying the bright and colourful scenery!
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia - Renowned for being the only thing to be seen from space, The Great Barrier Reef holds the title of largest coral reef in the world. Australia itself offers an array of underwater diversity and features highly on the 'to do' list of many young travelers.
- Hawaii - Scuba diving in Hawaii is great as the climate is fantastic and offers warm water all year long! This volcanic island is the habitat of a range of wildlife including sea turtles, sharks, stingrays and whales... don't forget your underwater camera!
- Red Sea, Egypt - One of the 7 wonders of the underwater world and very popular amongst tourists, make sure a visit to the Red Sea is on your bucket list!
- Lake Baikal, Russia - This fresh water lake is famous for being the largest and deepest in the world. Lake Baikal is perfect if you are looking for dramatic scenery and boasts the ideal location for wrecks, ice diving and night diving.
- Galapagos Islands - These infamous islands are the home to many types of endemic wildlife including penguins and water-loving iguanas. One not to be missed.
- Sipadan - Considered to be the jewel within the crown, this is the most popular place in Malaysia to scuba dive. Bustling with colorful coral and plenty of wildlife, this dive site is great for beginners and experts alike!
Have you ever been scuba diving before? Why not share your experience with us in the comments below or send us your holiday snaps via our Facebook or Twitter pages - we would love to see them!
As always, having a good level of travel insurance is essential if you want to partake in scuba diving abroad. Check through the activity list in your policy wording to make sure that you have the correct cover in place before you begin your activity. You may need to purchase an additional activity pack although at Alpha Travel Insurance, this can be done simply and easily.
Don't forget to like and share this post if you enjoyed it!