Whilst most of us have some form of bucket list, an ultimate travel list of things to see or do before we die, British Airways has now revealed an alternative - the list of 40 things to do before you turn 40. The list, which was compiled to celebrate the airline's 40th anniversary this year, includes things like belly-dancing in Morocco, taking a selfie with Mickey Mouse and going to Tijuana for the famous Spring Break holiday.
For those wanting to relive their youth, visiting some of Ibiza's world-famous clubs such as Pacha or DC10 could result in them fulfilling the first trip on the British Airways list. A cavernous club that can hold just over 3,000 people each night, famous DJ's regularly do sets in Pacha, the club that is also described as 'a sea of mirror balls'.
Considered to one of the best trekking trails in the world, the Inca Trail is an opportunity to ascend into cloud formations and see glimpses of jungle wildlife before making your way to Machu Picchu, Aztec ruins which provide an exhilarating peak to the hike - something which everyone should have on their bucket list, not just for before they turn 40.
Below is the list that British Airways compiled, is there anything you fancy doing?:
1. Make a friend for life at one of Ibiza's legendary clubs - Pacha, Space, DC10...
2. Wear something risqué to the Berlin Love Parade
3. Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge
4. Recreate the scene from 'Big' on the giant piano at FAO Schwarz in New York
5. Hit the beach for a 'full moon party' in Koh Phangan, Thailand
6. Have a selfie with Mickey Mouse and gang at Disney World, Florida
7. Dedicate a day to the Aquaventure Waterpark at the Atlantis in Dubai
8. Go BASE Jumping in Angel Falls, Venezula
9. Belly dance in Morocco
10. Have a tattoo by Kat Von D at 'High Voltage' in Los Angeles
11. Propose at the 'Love Lock' bridge in Paris
12. Go to the Soundwave Festival in Croatia
13. Bungee jump from the world's most terrifying spot - The Nevis, Queenstown, New Zealand
14. Have a shot of Absinthe in the Moulin Rogue in Paris
15. Hike the 26 mile Inca Trail in Peru
16. Learn to tango in Buenos Aires
17. Take a surfing lesson in Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii
18. Work a season at a Kibbutz, Israel
19. Enjoy a rooftop cocktail at Bar 360 in Dubai
20. Go full throttle with a 4x4 experience in Fraser Island, Australia
21. Go 'loco' at 'Coco Bongos' in Cancun
22. Experience Amsterdam.
23. Experience Bangkok.
24. Take a 829ft 'Sky Jump' off the Stratosphere, Las Vegas
25. Go to a foam party in Ayia Napa, Cyprus
26. Do a 'Sex and the City' weekend with the girls in New York
27. Go on a stag night to Prague
28. Salsa with a stranger at the Rio Carnival
29. Party on the piste at the 'Snowbombing Festival' in Mayrhofen, Austria
30. When it opens this summer, take on 'Zumanjaro: The Drop of Doom' - the world's largest roller coaster in New Jersey
31. Go on an 'Inbetweeners' inspired boat party in Malia
32. Go zip lining in Costa Rica's Selvatura Park
33. Cheer as an aircraft flies over you at Bora Bora beach, Ibiza
34. Dress Harajuku style in Shibuya, Tokyo
35. Embarrass yourself in front of strangers on the mechanical bull in the Saddle Ranch, Los Angeles
36. Cut loose at the Burning Man festival in Nevada
37. Feel out of place at spring break in Tijuana, Mexico!
38. Before high blood pressure becomes a problem, take a rickshaw ride in Delhi
39. Gorge in Dylan's Candy Bar in New York
40. Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo
We hope that this has fueled your enthusiasm and inspired you to go travelling - just remember to obtain a quality travel insurance policy before you depart to protect yourself from any hidden surprises.
Alpha Travel Insurance and alphatravelinsurance.co.uk are trading names of Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority: FRN 528912. Registered Office: 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4UY. Company Registration: 4319592. (c) Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd; All rights reserved.