The Top 10 Gap Year Ideas and Destinations
The first step to planning a successful gap year is to decide what you want to get out of it. With many countries to visit and lots of ideas it can be hard to narrow them down and choose what you want to do! We've put together our top ten gap year ideas and hope this will inspire you!
- If you want nature - Kenya. Africa offers amazing opportunities to see the world's most beautiful species up close and personal. Safaris with trained guides can potentially find elephants, lions, zebras, and giraffes to name but a few.
- If you want history - Greece. Greece is the source of ancient history, with historical and archaeological sites to explore.
- If you want architecture - Italy. Italy is famous for its culture and architecture. Venice especially, where the buildings are built over beautiful rivers.
- If you want culture - New York. America is an remarkable source of culture. New York especially can offer amazing shops, museums and Broadway.
- If you want relaxation - Hawaii. Hawaii is the epitome of the dream beach paradise.
- If you want adventure - Australia. A favourite gap year destination, the country is a mix of relaxing and exciting landscapes. A beautiful beach can also offer adrenaline pumping surfing.
- If you want adrenaline - New Zealand. Visit New Zealand if you want to bungee jump, rock climb, abseil, and much more.
- If you want to help others - India. India is a country steeped in culture and history, but it is also a country of extreme wealth and poverty. Joining a charity project here could really improve the life of orphans and the poor.
- If you want fun - Ibiza. If you want fun and amazing night life, then Ibiza is the place for you.
- If you want to work - Spain. One of the most popular holiday destinations, many people find it easy to get jobs in bars and restaurants. Plus it offers great opportunities to explore the country and learn the language.