Sun, Sea and Parent Free
As the summer approaches, many young people are planning their first holidays with friends, and definitely without their parents. For most it will mark the end of college exams and a celebration of achievements before everyone disperses to universities. Many teenagers will head to places like; Zante, Ibiza or Magaluf, where they can find cheap accommodation, sunny beaches and great night life. Nevertheless, it is important that you prove your maturity from the start! Here are our top tips for avoiding holiday mishaps and arguments;
Have we missed anything out? Why not let us know your tips for planning your first holiday abroad? If you enjoyed this article, please share it by using the social share buttons at the top of this page.
- Decide who is going - this is the first decision you must make. This way you will be able to organize dates, numbers, budget etc. For example, are boys and girls going? If so you will most likely need more than one hotel room.
- Discuss exactly what everyone wants from the holiday and what you can afford, this will avoid arguments when you are there.
- Where are you going and when - now you can all discuss where and when you would all like to go. You can research hotels and package deals on the internet or visit a travel agent. Remember that there are peak times of the year where prices are much more expensive. Research the best time of year for your country of choice.
- Make sure you know exactly what you are paying for, for example are meals included in the hotel price? Or will you need to find more money for that. Furthermore, make sure you have booked travel from the airport to your hotel and vice-versa.
- Booking and paying - remember that prices for almost everything have gone up recently, so make sure you shop around to find the right price. Also, prices in your chosen location may also have risen, so make sure you have saved up adequate spending money. Remember to book flights from an airport that is accessible for everyone.
- And finally... The best way to show your parents that you are mature and ready for an adult holiday is to discuss travel insurance with them. Travel Insurance is a necessity, without it you could be exposed to massive bills if you become injured, or if your possessions are lost or damaged. We can offer cover to suit any budget and individual, with over 100 sports and adventure activities included free of charge! Check the policy wording for further details.